Saturday, September 10, 2016

Church Picnic

Our church has been trying to get together for a picnic all summer. We finally got it squeezed in on Labor Day. :) Everyone met at the Stanton Park by 10 am Monday morning. Mom and I had to clean two houses that morning and didn't get done till 2 pm. :( We missed some of the picnic, but we were able to watch most of the softball game and participate in all the other activities. I was glad for that!

Everybody brought side dishes and something to grill.



Hehe, Shawn. :b

They played some volleyball before Mom and I got there.

Let's play ball!

"We need a pitcher, not a belly pitcher!"
It's always so much fun playing softball. Not many of us are very good at it, so nobody feels dumb or weird. That's something that I love about our church. :)

Leon planned this goofy relay race... 

You rolled a big foam dice and whenever you got a certain number, you ran over, put the coat, hat and gloves on then tried to rip the package open with two meat forks.

It got pretty crazy! :D We eventually abandoned the coat as it was taking too long to put everything on. Oh, and there were two Crunch candy bars inside that you had to dig out and open, just using the tools.



Abi and KK rolled a bunch of candy into tape, then saran wrap. Again, you rolled a dice and when you got a certain number, you snatched the candy ball from the other person and started pealing as if your life depended on it! :) 

Then... We had a three legged race. Oh, my word, was that ever funny!



There were some pretty funny teams!




Abi took this video...

...And Emma took this one. Nathan and I came in fifth. KK and Matthias came in first. :)

Josh and Jason wrapped Anthony up in saran wrap. It actually looked kinda disgusting!





He's helpless!
Later, we had him try to rip his way out. It ended up being pretty easy for him, thankfully. I'd have felt severely claustrophobic!

Volleyball again

Cute Der!



Josh was playing with my phone...

Poor little Laina got her frizzy hair from Grandma and Aunt Emmie. At least her hair curls! :)

Some guys never grow up...

Oh, yes! I forgot to mention that exactly a week ago today, we had an earthquake here. Yes, you read that right, an earthquake in the Midwest. There was a 5.6 magnitude earthquake that rocked Oklahoma that morning at 7:02. At 7:05, we felt it here. They say news travels fast, but not as fast as an earthquake! I tell you, it was the weirdest feeling. I was sleeping in that morning, so I was still in bed when it hit. I happened to be awake then, when I felt the bed shaking. I sleep on the top bunk and Abi sleeps on the bottom, so I just thought it was her moving around, but it kept going and going. The thought of an earthquake did cross my mind, but I was like, "Naw, it couldn't be!" Come to find out, it was! I've always wanted to experience an earthquake. Now, I can say, I have!

Here is an interesting article from CNN about the earthquake.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to Catch Up...

As you have probably noticed, I've gone off the radar for awhile. Ok, for a long time. I have one word for you. Life. Guys, life reall...