Wednesday, August 27, 2014

All Heaven Rejoicing!

I just had to share our family's marvelous news! There's been a death in the Grice family, but that death has brought forth a brand new baby...

Josh!

Yes, after years of prayer, our Josh surrendered his heart into Jesus' keeping Sunday afternoon. We are thrilled! More than thrilled, we stand in awe, watching as our mighty God worked that beautiful miracle in Josh's heart.

I'm sure your wondering about the circumstances that surrounded Josh's death.

Larry Zook was scheduled to come to our church last Sunday the 24th to go through some church meeting notes with our church. Dad asked him to share the main message.

When Larry began to describe the main thrust of his message, he broke down into tears. He said that his message was going to be directed specifically to the unconverted boys sitting in this room. "You know who you are and we know who you are." Larry cut right to the quick from the get go.

He shared his testimony; how, as a boy, it was pride that kept him from making that final decision. His testimony mirrored Josh's life to a "T"!

At the beginning of his message, Larry told us that he was going to give an altar call, using that beautiful song, "Shall I Come Just as I Am?"

What a powerful altar call! Abi didn't even sing during the call, she just started weeping. She told Josh that she'd go with him up there, but, Josh just looked at her. Abi asked him again, but he still didn't answer, so she told him, "Well, I'm going up 'cause I need to pray!" As she rose, Josh rose too, grabbed her hand and made that life changing walk to the altar.

As soon as we saw him, our whole row couldn't sing anymore, we just bowed our heads and wept. What joy! Oh what relief! Our Joshie had come home!

Dad and Edward prayed with Josh. When Edward came downstairs,  he asked me if I wanted to go greet Josh. Are you kidding!? I hadn't been able to think at all, much less eat the fellowship meal while I waited to hear the news.

I flew upstairs as fast as I could run, and met most of our family and a shining Josh at the top of the stairs. We had a regular family bawl together.

What a sweet, precious, wonderful day! But, also a sorrowful one. There are still boys holding out on God here at our church. I won't mention names, but I'm sure most of you know who I'm referring to.

I cry even now as I write this. Sometimes I feel like such a ninny, I can cry at the drop of a hanky, but that day and now, I really don't care! :) Some things are better expressed through tears. :)



"Jesus, we just want to thank you.
Jesus, we just want to thank you.
Jesus, we just want to thank you,
Thank you for being so good.

"Jesus, we just want to praise you.
Jesus, we just want to praise you.
Jesus, we just want to praise you,
Praise you for being so good."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to Catch Up...

As you have probably noticed, I've gone off the radar for awhile. Ok, for a long time. I have one word for you. Life. Guys, life reall...