Thursday, August 7, 2014

Wedding Bells in Wisconsin

Here are the few pictures that Elarie got from Ben and Marsha'a wedding. (Well, I took the first several...) :)

We left around 7:30 Friday morning for WI. Those who "accidentally" missed grabbing breakfast got Casey's breakfast pizza and croissants.



Oh, and those who didn't get their coffee fix (namely, Mom and I) got cappuccinos. :)

We have spoiled brothers. :)

We stopped at this gas station that boasted they had the best ice cream with, somewhere around 16 different flavors. Josh helped himself to some.

Welcome to Wisconsin! I didn't know that WI was so hilly! Their roads are so similar to PA's... Scary!

Rehearsal was pulled off without a hitch. They had chocolate, cherry and blueberry cheesecake for dessert at the rehearsal dinner... Just wanted to make you jealous. :)

The little people loved playing with the play things...

... Some big people enjoyed them too. :) Oh, by the way, this was an outdoor wedding.

Back at Tice's that night, we had a mini hymn sing. I was almost crazy 'cause I'd caught some kind of laryngitis and couldn't sing at all! I was so scared that I wouldn't be able to sing for the wedding the next day.



Tices were doing the decorating so we left around 7:30 the next morning for the park with them. When we got there, the lady that was decorating the cake was having some serious issues! The top layers were too heavy so the whole thing was sinking over and threatening to topple at any moment. Dad helped them find a solution that sorta held it up till they cut the cake. :)



Playing with background defocus...

The special singers stood inside that circle of chairs. They only had two mics for all of us, but it worked out fine.

The guest book attendants.

Tamesha had this whole lawyer outfit worked out as a gag gift for the couple. I can't remember all the details, so I'll refrain from explaining. You'll have to ask her for the whole story. :) It's pretty funny.



Mike Mollman married the couple

Sorry, this is the only decent picture Elarie got of the ceremony. My laryngitis insisted upon sticking around, so I could barely sing. Somehow, I managed to croak my way through the wedding songs. Poor Kiley got a throat thing too, so we were both struggling to keep up.

Cutest toddler on the planet!

Their decorations were very simple, actually, the whole wedding was simplicity itself. I was very blessed by it!

The bridal table

Both families sat at the bridal table.





I couldn't resist editing this picture that Elarie took.

Having fun at the playground!

Please don't burst my bubble!

It seems that nobody could wait to blow the bubbles that were destined for the special couple's departure.



The goofy sound tech helper

"... And they lived happily ever after."

Aw...
We finally left somewhere around 2 for home. The travels home were very uneventful. I think we got home around 10, unloaded the van and collapsed into bed.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is so interesting..I enjoy reading it..keep it up :)
    Carol in WY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emmy!!!!!
    I can't believe you put my pic on your blog!!!!!!!!!:)
    How scary!!
    Who knows who will see those pics???!!!

    ReplyDelete

Trying to Catch Up...

As you have probably noticed, I've gone off the radar for awhile. Ok, for a long time. I have one word for you. Life. Guys, life reall...