Monday, February 8, 2016

Widow's Luncheon

Yes, I am still trying to catch up. :) I'm a month behind in blogging so bear with me here. :)

On January 9, our church hosted a widow/widower's luncheon for our community. We handmade invitations and passed them out to any widows or widowers that we knew.

The menu was salad, beef stew, dinner rolls, and cream puffs with fresh berries.

After the meal, several families and our church youth shared a few songs. It was a blessing!

Mom went thrift store shopping looking for old china or just nicer looking old dishes for the place sets.

All of us girls (and then some) met the day before to get the church cleaned and set up. Katelyn was helping those doing the board. :)





Kiley used her expertise in calligraphy to make name "tags" for the widows place sets.



The tablecloths were too big so somebody suggested that we make a big pleat down the middle of the table to take care of the excess. It turned out very nice!

It sure took a long time to get those pleats right!

The next morning...

We youth decided to dress in black and white since we'd be serving. Grace was spreading mints down the tables.



Setting the tables...

Dad got to be head chef again. :)



We had tables set up in the back for prep work and such.

Cutting strawberries

T.J, was in charge of draining the mandarin oranges. :)

Laying out the dessert plates





Photo bomb!



There was no where else to put the salad plates, so they put them on the flipped up podium. :)



Dad made an extraordinary beef stew.

A completed table




Dad had us all meet for a brief down of our jobs. We all partnered up to serve.







Ben was our bus boy. :)



Lots of dirty dishes!

We servers got to have our own table. :)



Notice Dad and Don? :)





We decided we needed a girl picture... It was mission impossible to get us to behave!





I just could not figure out how they wanted me to hold my flowers! :)

Finally!











Best friends :)

P.S. A lot of my friends and I were are very curious to know who the Anonymous commenter was on my blog post awhile back titled, "We're Back!". If you would be kind enough to reveal your secret identity, I would be eternally indebted to you! Just kidding. :) But, seriously, I would like to know who you are. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sure, I'll be glad to tell you about myself and all that good stuff. But I'd rather not on here. Is there a away that I can contact you any other way, like, email...Address...or something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! My email is justhisbrush@gmail.com if you'd like to chat. I'm much more apt to reply to an email than snail mail. :) Hope to hear from you soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Trying to Catch Up...

As you have probably noticed, I've gone off the radar for awhile. Ok, for a long time. I have one word for you. Life. Guys, life reall...