Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Birthday Party in Axtell

We were invited to Caleb Collison and Whitney's birthday party on April 30th. Dad and Abi weren't able to go because of church responsibilities and Abi's chores. :( Josh and KK left a day early so that they could spend some time with the remaining Smith boys. ;P That left Mom, Sam and I to make the trip ourselves. We left Sunday morning, arriving in Kearney about 3. We had heard that we could be there around 3:30, but when we asked Josh, he said the party wasn't until 5... Hm... Any ideas on how to kill time? So, we stopped in at a couple cute looking places. It wasn't till later that we learned that Smiths were going to be at the Axtell community building at 3:30 to set up... Arg. We could've spent our time helping them! :) Oh, well. We had fun anyway.

The party was a blast! Since Caleb was turning 30 and Whit 25, the theme for the party was "Getting Old." :D 

My mouth was still in pretty bad shape from the infection, but I just couldn't stay home! It hurt like the dickens to smile and talk, but I couldn't help it. I laughed so much! It actually made my mouth feel better... Not sure why. :)

Anyway, here are the few pictures that I took...

We stopped in at a little gift shop called "The Stagecoach." It was very... Interesting, to say the least. Sam found these glasses with side burns. It really did look pretty authentic! :)

I like the pink one...



Little Landon Smith
I got to hold him for quite awhile. He was so good! What a cutie!



Ok, we played this game where we had to scoop, with a spoon, as much water into a Depend as we could. Aunt Annette counted to "3", then you had to pass it on. They had set up two long tables, so we competed to see which row could make their Depend the heaviest. Our table lost, but we consoled ourselves with the knowledge that the other table wasn't above cheating. :D

Sheila arranged to have a wheel chair there for each of them. They each had to pick a partner, then Sheila gave them each a plate of food with a card of instructions. The partner didn't know what the card said. :P The "old people" had to try to make their wishes known to their partner through nothing but their eyes or grunting. The instruction card told them to ask for things like, "put pepper on my green beans", "give me a drink", "blow my nose."

Here's a video... Watch Caleb... He's priceless! 
BTW, Caleb and Sharesse won the contest. :)

Since the party theme was definitely tending toward adult diapers, Sheila had us guess which of these adult diapers were the top brand. After that, we had to guess how much liquid that particular brand could hold. I think it was somewhere around 93 oz. Incredible!!

Years ago, Caleb had given Mark a bag of Depends for his birthday, hence the theme. :) Mark and Sheila don't forget easily!

Whitney's cake
*Avery made both cakes*

Opening gifts

It sure was a fun day! Despite my mouth reminding me constantly that all was not well, I had a great time! I think we got home around 9:30 or 10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to Catch Up...

As you have probably noticed, I've gone off the radar for awhile. Ok, for a long time. I have one word for you. Life. Guys, life reall...