Saturday, October 8, 2016

Life

I had these pictures ready to post a couple weeks ago, but, as I'm not known for my prompt blogging, I'm just getting to it now. :) I've had time to blog, but I get writers block, then I just can't write. I figured I'd better face the music today, though, before my adoring audience started crowing. :)



Valeria was playing with my phone one Sunday.

More foursquare in the church dining area. :)



Please, by all means!

The "Ireland Crew" (all except T.J.) decided to celebrate our third Irish reunion by visiting the Irish shops in Kansas City. It was a miserable rainy day, but brightened up the farther south we went.

We stopped at the Garrison House in Clarinda for coffee. I got a toasted marshmallow mocha. Yum.

I found this awesome shirt at Sheehan's. :b

Sheehan's sells everything Irish... From books to clothing and from clothing to knickknacks... You name it, they have it! After Sheehan's, we headed over to Brown's for lunch. They also sell a lot of Irish paraphernalia, but also sell food.

Fun Irish "crisps.'

This is what they look like...

Yummy!

Drinking the yucky red sugar free punch is a treat to some people...



LOL!

Abi's pumpkins are about ready to be harvested now, so this picture is kinda old. :)

Give Opal a wide berth when she finds catnip. She turns psycho in seconds!

Abi got more hay...

Here she is, cleaning the barn awhile back. Abi is amazing! She works incredibly hard, with hardly any thanks, except people asking for more milk or eggs. She is one amazing girl!

Abi made clotted cream...

It tastes sorta like browned butter.

The boys accidentally knocked a pumpkin off the vine so Abi had to cook it down. She made some amazing pumpkin chili with it!

I weighed 5lb 8oz, so my original weight is even more unrealistic. :)

I'd been craving ooey-gooey brownies for awhile... This is why I can never seem to reach my "goal" weight. :P

Abi got all of her milking stuff organized. Did I ever mention how simply superb my sister is?!

Right!

Iowa sunsets are the best!

Remember that clotted cream? Abi used it as the butter on cinnamon rolls. Wow, they were so yummy! 

Oh, dear...

A quiet day of babysitting :)

Dobers sure loves his little Waina, as he calls Alaina.

;)




My thoughts exactly. And it better not rise from the dead after it's funeral!

This is what happens when you get too busy and neglect the laundry. You get mountains!

We caught a giant wolf spider. You can tell it almost cover the bottom of that quart jar. Everyone in this area has had a problem with enormous wolf spiders this year. I've never seen any as big as these have been!





Bodie is getting huge!

KK's pictures again...





Abi bought Sam two chicks for an early birthday present. Sorry, I don't remember what kind they are... :-/

KK again...

Just think, God has each one of those stars named.



This is the view out of one of our cleaning clients' house.

Beautiful, but they make me want to sneeze just looking at them. ;D



Dad and Abi went to the eye doctor awhile ago.

KK went along to drive them since they both had to have their eyes dilated.

More chicks!

Abi sold our other hens, then bought some more chicks to replace them. By next spring we should be getting boat loads of eggs again! :)



Amy and Tanya were playing "queen" one Friday while we were cleaning their house. :)

We've had a lot of rain this year!




I love my niece!

She's just darling! Look at all those curls!



I almost think I'd rather have a refrigerator as America's next president... It'd be a lot safer!

The littles came over one day last week. I made cake mix cookies with them. They had so much fun mixing, pouring and tasting. I let them scoop the cookie dough out onto the pan. They felt so grown up and didn't want any help! :) My word, they were adorable!

We took them out to the pasture that evening to play.

It was so fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to Catch Up...

As you have probably noticed, I've gone off the radar for awhile. Ok, for a long time. I have one word for you. Life. Guys, life reall...