Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Arctic Blast of 2014

On Sunday and Monday, the weather was calling for what they termed "an Arctic blast." It started "blasting" through on Sun., but was at its pinnacle Mon.

Because of how bad the insulation (or the lack thereof) and siding is in our house, the cold just came marching right on in. It was bitterly cold outside and felt bitter inside too!

The three stooges... KK dressed in Nate's clothes for church. We miss Nate so much that we had to have a Nate impersonator. :)

Tidying up the church before everyone gets there.

Almost time for church.

The Blast is moving in for the kill at a frigid 5*. 



Reading a Red Oak Express that someone had left at church.



Ham



Monday morning we woke up to a 56* house. Even though the furnace and iHeater ran all day, I think the temp only got up to 62.

Coldest weather that I can ever remember! Notice that the wind chills are forecasted at -35*...

Mom was wearing her coat. :)

Snuggle up!

I was doing a mountain of laundry in our freezing cold laundry room. We don't have an actual outdoor thermometer, so I used a meat thermometer. Not sure how accurate it was, but it was reading about 48* in the laundry room. I would come out of there after working awhile and my hands would be just about frozen! With the dryer going, it warmed to a whopping 58* by the end of the day! :)

Dad and the boys didn't go to work since it was so cold. Since the boys had nothing to do, Mom set them to the job of cleaning out the basement.



KK had his flashlight tucked into the neck of his shirt so that both his hands could be free. Ingenious. :)

We had Ry and Kels and Aunt Carol over that night for Casey's pizza. The boys had gotten me the game Catch Phrase for my birthday. I guess they were so excited to give it to me that they couldn't wait till Wednesday, so, they gave it to me that night.

We had a lot of fun playing it. We didn't keep score or really abide by the rules, just passed it around and described the words or phrases.

Even the younger ones got involved!

Katelyn loves popcorn! Kels let her suck the salt off it, then was giving her tiny pieces of popcorn.





She was so cute munching away on those minuscule pieces of popcorn! :)

The next day (Tuesday) our house was noticeably warmer! We'd survived the Arctic Blast of 2014! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to Catch Up...

As you have probably noticed, I've gone off the radar for awhile. Ok, for a long time. I have one word for you. Life. Guys, life reall...