Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Painting at John's House

Monday morning found a whole troop from Glory heading out to paint at our friend John's house. Remember my mentioning him in an earlier post?

Some bad storms moved through Sunday night. We had fun sitting around the weather radio after we unplugged our internet router.

Making cookies for the next day at John's.

We had a waterfall off our front porch roof.

... And pouring out of our gutters... So much for gutters!

We arrived at John's around 9:30 or so.

Painting the kitchen



The hall

A bedroom closet



Bedroom

Ben did a great job in the bathroom!

Leon, Abi and I painted John's bedroom.

Leon kept getting in my way...

The finish coat that we put on was an oil base paint so it stank to high heaven. It was wicked stuff! Brie and I were getting dizzy from the fumes and Annetta was feeling sick to her stomach. We think that Leon actually got a little giddy from them too. He was in such a funny mood!



Lois and Annetta got ahold of my camera... Need I say more?

We painted all the bedrooms blue, the living room tan, the kitchen a slightly different color tan and the bathroom gray

A barn swallow got into the house.

Having fun on the way home...

:)

1 comment:

Trying to Catch Up...

As you have probably noticed, I've gone off the radar for awhile. Ok, for a long time. I have one word for you. Life. Guys, life reall...