Sunday, May 11, 2014

When the Cats are Away...

... The Mice Will Play... Unfortunately, the cats were all home when these mice played...

Thursday night found some very bored Grice children. As we discussed what we should do, Abi suggested that we play dress up. Yes, I know, we are prob'ly too old to be doing things like that, but it was so much fun!

We decided to imitate characters from books or just whatever. It was great fun!

Abi had some new mop heads that we used for wigs.

We thought Sam could be a couch potato. We cinched a pillow onto his belly, put one of Josh's stretched out t-shirts and KK's pants on him. He looked pretty authentic!

I decided to dress up as a big, fat, crabby Aunt March from the book Little Women

Abi had to help me strap a pillow on my front to give me a big belly, then a pillow behind to add more bulk to my reverse aspect. :)

Oh, brother...

I got one of Mom's oldest dresses (one that's too big on her) and squeezed my bulky self into it. I was so big that Abi had to help me get it on!

Here I am in all my chubbiness.





Finishing up our costumes...

Holding my jelly belly as I laugh. :)

Abi dressed up as dainty Susanne from The Scarlet Pimpernel books

At one point, I was standing in front of the mirror adjusting my head piece that "was great to behold", when I heard an eruption of giggles behind me. I turned around to find Abi and Sam almost rolling on the floor laughing. I asked them what was so funny. They said, "your backside is just so huge!" Hm... thanks, guys, I guess...



Whoops, I see costume material peeping out of his shirt!

KK dressed up as Old McDonald. He had to move very gingerly since all the patches were pinned on. :)

We went down stairs where Mom and Dad had to guess who we were.





We made Abi's "hat" out of my wadded up Haitian veil and some frilly edging lace. It actually looked pretty real!



The skinny old farmer and his fat wife. It made me think of the children's rhyme, "Jack Spratt could eat no fat, his wife could eat no lean..."

Ealier that day, Abi wanted to get the green beans planted before the rain came, so several of us went to help her.



The storm moved in fast! It started raining before we finished, but we stuck it out and got all wet in the process. :)

Sam snapped this picture as we struggled to get the door open with our wet muddy fingers.

Water droplets on the knockout roses that we just put in by our sidewalk.

I never did post a picture of Sammy and my April Fools prank on Gram and Gavins... :)

The side facing their house had "House for Sale" on it, while the side facing the road had our business info on it. Haha, hehe, guys! Gotcha! 

We love our knockout roses!



Mom planted pansies along the north side of my garden shed. This picture got kinda washed out in the upload process...

2 comments:

  1. This is hillarious!! We laughed till we cried:) love Emily's Aunt March, accually looks fairly authentic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh... I think that I've ruined my reputation! Now whenever anyone looks at me, all they'll see is fat Great Aunt March... :)

      Delete

Trying to Catch Up...

As you have probably noticed, I've gone off the radar for awhile. Ok, for a long time. I have one word for you. Life. Guys, life reall...