Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Busy: adjective; Having a great deal to do

Our family has definitely had a great deal to do this past while! Will life ever slow down? Will I ever be able to catch my breath, let alone, catch my spinning head?

Ah, such is life. As Mom always tells us, "You'll rest in Heaven." Ya, but I want to rest now.

Well, I'll share some pictures from, well, I think the nearly the whole month of June... Wow! Talk about being behind...

To kick off the month of June, a ripping storm blew through with hurricane force winds, hail and lots of rain. Ry and Kels came over since they didn't have internet to track the storms. Elarie and Avery Smith were here visiting them, so they were here too. 

We'd accidentally left the iPad at church over the weekend, so Mom and I decided that was a good excuse to run out in the storm and pick it up. Hey, anything to get out to watch the storm better!

Our neighbor's tree had split in half during the first small storm. Later, another huge branch fell across the corner of their deck.

As we drove down the road, we noticed the dreaded hook echo down south of us. It looked bad! We quickly called Leon to make sure that they were ok and in the basement (as we ran around above ground). :)

I edited these pictures to make them look like what we actually saw. That sky was one of the greenest that I've seen in a long time! This is looking west.

South


We were listening to a local radio station when they mentioned high winds and hail moving through Griswold. Uho. Mom decided that we'd better turn around. Not to mention, it was looking even worse around us.

I tried to get the picture to accurately represent how the colors were. This is about right. I was standing on the side of the road as it was hailing and raining to take this picture. Talk about an adrenaline rush!

On the way home, we called Daddy to tell him that they'd better hit the basement. When we got home, they had quite a semi comfy sitting place set up down in our yucky old farmhouse basement. :)

The local radio station's weather reports were more accurate than weather.com or the weather radio.

Peeking out the garage door. 

The poor little turkeys were scared to death!

I just couldn't stand sitting downstairs, not knowing what was going on above me, so I finally got Dad's consent to let me at least go up and take some pictures! :)

You can sorta see how the trees are whipping around from the wind.

See the apple tree over to the left behind the shed? It was bending and blowing like all get out!

Even though Dad and the boys patched our leaky attic dormers, the high winds drove the rain right in. It leaked on the attic stairs and, of course, ruined even more of Abi and my bedroom ceiling.

After the first storm let up, we all rushed upstairs to survey the damage. Our half done supper was still sitting upstairs, so we quickly finished it, then devoured it! :)

Watching the storm through open windows...

See Abi peeking out the window over there? :)

Towards evening, there was an impromptu stuffed animal fight. :) 





A couple days later, the older girls from our church got together for a "Girl's Day Out" at Viking lake.

The main purpose for our day out was to get to know the Chupps friend, Maddie, better.

Thanks for taking the pictures, Annetta!

Irene loved going through the Chupps library of CDs.

Our chauffeur

I remember taking this picture of our laundry room, but I don't remember what day it was. Rich and Kwila Schneider came through last Monday night, so I'm thinking this was taken last Mon. or Tues. That was crazy! We were going to be leaving Wed. for Darrell Zook and Teresa Kauffman's wedding in Cheyenne, WY. So, we were trying to do a mountain of laundry, wash all the bedding, clean the entire house from top to bottom for Schneiders and get ready for our trip. Yikes! That was so crazy, but I really enjoyed the challenge. :)

For those of you that don't know, we have about 103 broilers and 15 meat turkeys... This is our younger batch of broilers.

Meet "Gimpy", our lame broiler! Something happened to his leg, rendering it useless. Abi is still trying to fatten him up, though!

This is the older batch of broilers. 

Abi and the boys made a run for them so that they could get some fresh air and sunshine.

Weighing one of the biggest.

I think that the biggest one weighed 5 1/2 pounds the other day. We're gonna try to fatten them up to 6 1/2- 7 pounds.

I know that so much more happened between these pictures, but it was so busy, that it's all a blur! House cleaning, church events, practicing Darrell and Teresa's wedding songs, recording the songs, packing, and laundry, to name a few.

It's so easy to let the busyness of life get in the way of our relationship to God. I know that I missed many of my early morning devotions 'cause I was too busy, only to collapse exhausted into bed that night, too tired to read anything.

Now, I've gotten back to normal. You don't realize how beneficial it is to pray, and seek the Lord through His Word every morning till you don't do it.

Such is Life...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to Catch Up...

As you have probably noticed, I've gone off the radar for awhile. Ok, for a long time. I have one word for you. Life. Guys, life reall...