Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Archery

The boys have decided to bow hunt this year. Josh was going to use Nate's old bow, but KK needed to get one, so they planned to go bow hunting at Scheels on Labor Day.

I had never been to Scheels, and thought that it sounded like a fun way to spend the holiday. The boys loved the idea and begged me to go along. It wasn't too hard to convince me. :) I wanted to try on some Softec ice skates to see what size I needed, but they only had about 10 different skates there, I'm assuming because it's out of season.

KK finally got his bow (a 65lb compound Bear for those that might be wondering) after spending a couple hours there. :) It was fun, though! I don't get to spend days with the boys like that very often. Our schedules are just too diverse. 

We were all really hungry since lunch time had been there and gone by the time we started back. The best place on the planet for cheap, yummy, greasy food (caramel frappes and iced coffees too!)- McDonald's! No food was ever more welcomed than by these hungry bow hunters!

I was going to put a video in of the boys shooting simultaneously, but the video was too big. Time to turn the quality down on our videos...

The boys had to try the bows out when they got home. Chupps are kindly letting Sammy shoot their 35lb bow. That's the only one Abi and I can pull back. :)



Our sidekick, Watson.

The boys have been doing a lot of "scouting" for hunting land. This looks likely!

This poor bean field must've been one of those that was beaten down by that big storm earlier this summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to Catch Up...

As you have probably noticed, I've gone off the radar for awhile. Ok, for a long time. I have one word for you. Life. Guys, life reall...