Thursday, January 15, 2015

This and That...

I had a miscellaneous bunch of pictures that needed to be posted, but weren't noteworthy enough to have a post of their own.

Oh, by the way, sorry about all the typos on my last post. I posted it in a hurry and didn't pay much attention to proof reading my work. That's what I get! :)

Somebody let Katelyn play typing...

Abi and Sam decided to try to build a wattle fence. Sammy is making the fence posts here.

Here's the wattle! (They used forsythia branches.)

Finished fence posts!



Part of the wattle fence

Almost done! If you'd like to build an English wattle fence for yourself, click here.

Big little manny!



I can't remember, but I think these are all the towels we had to wash after Steve and Shana Simmons left. No, they didn't use that many, it was everybody combined. :) We had so much laundry that time! We hadn't had time to do it most of the week before they came, so the Monday after they left was reckoning day. :)



Lynna left her baby hanging...

Aw!!!



She loves wagon rides!



Little Bo Boy

Abi and Sammy made an old English style mince meat pie. This kind dates from the early 1600s.

Cooking by candle light

All finished!



It was a little hard to cut. :)

Wow, was it good!



LouLou was here for the afternoon on Monday. Kels had gotten sick, so Ry brought Lynna over so that Kels could rest. Lynna's hair was a mess, so I decided to fix it...

...And had loads of fun!



To keep her occupied, we usually let her play in the faucet. :)

Today (Thursday), Abi and Sam made candles with lard...

...And cotton string.



Abi crocheted the string to make it thicker, that way it'll burn slower.



Katelyn loves to sing her own made up little songs. She was singing something about "Daddy."

We took Katelyn outside to play today. She had a blast!



I've been sick since Monday with a sore throat, slight cold, and fever. Today, I was finally feeling better, so I grabbed the camera and followed them outside.

She was being terribly cute!

She kept telling us she was hot.

Stinker!



This is my favorite picture!



Lighting the new candle!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to Catch Up...

As you have probably noticed, I've gone off the radar for awhile. Ok, for a long time. I have one word for you. Life. Guys, life reall...