Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Cleaning the Interminable Mess

Our acreage is an endless job of maintenance; springtime being the busiest with all the after math mess that winter leaves in its wake. But, oh, it's a lovely time! Everything is springing back to life, looking so new and fresh! God's mercies never fail us.

I spent an afternoon last week cleaning out all the flower beds. Because of all the trees we have, our leaves don't just blow away, which is rather annoying. :) I raked mountains of leaves out of those beds!

KK spent a lot of time raking out the front yard preparing it for reseeding. He finally shed his boots and socks!

Opal was trying to hide from me. :)

Tis picture doesn't do this leaf pile justice! It was huge!

Abi raked the whole front pasture (with the boys' help) then burned the leaves.



:)

I love when Josh smiles like that! :) You can tell they just did something funny. :)







KK was carrying this branch to the burn pit. We joked that he was the biggest buck ever!

And of course, April 1st was last Wednesday. I took the filling out of a couple Oreos and refilled them with lard. Sadly, nobody fell for it. They were all too suspicious.



Last Saturday, we set aside the whole day for yard work. Our goals were to get the tree line cleaned out, leaves raked, sticks picked up, the area by Josh's shed cleaned up, the smokehouse organized, and filler dirt put in certain places.

"The Pit"

The smoke was awful! Abi and I got totally smoked out so many times while working by Josh's shed.

Picking up sticks. 



We burned a pile of telephone poles that were laying in the back pasture. Josh would jam the pole into the bucket just so, then drop it off in the pit.





Ryan stopped by for a bit and brought Katelyn along with him. She sure was a nice break in the day!

A lot of those poles are super heavy! KK challenged me to carry one pole that was around 18' long and weighed who knows how much. He told me that if I could carry it, then I was strong. Usually I don't take dares, but I couldn't resist that one. I carried it all the way to the pit. :)





After a long and tiring day, we stumbled into the house to eat the supper Dad had made (he'd been inside all day), take showers, relax and go to bed. 

I love that satisfied feeling of a job well executed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to Catch Up...

As you have probably noticed, I've gone off the radar for awhile. Ok, for a long time. I have one word for you. Life. Guys, life reall...