Friday, January 19, 2018

New Years Day

We had another big family breakfast at Gram's on New Years Day. This time, Ry and Nate were there! It was wonderful to be altogether again. That's something we don't get to do very often.

It was a pretty sleepy party since we had all been up past one that morning. Unfortunately, none of us got to really sleep in since we had to be at Gram's by nine. But we survived! 

It reached -22 below on New Years day. I think the temps ended up beating the record low temperatures for this area. 
I've always wanted to try throwing boiling water in the air to see if it would vaporize. When the temperatures got so low, Sam and I decided to try it. I didn't think it would actually work!





Nate and Virginia wanted to make us a southern type breakfast. It sure was different deviating from our traditional family breakfast, but both of them are awesome cooks, so everything was delicious!

Cheddar jalapeno biscuits 

Fruit smoothies

John is quite the little chunk!

Then... we did our family gift exchange. That's always so much fun!





Katelyn adores little John!

2 comments:

  1. Awww John!!! He is so adorable! We also did gifts on new years, so fun! That food looks delish too.
    Tell Bri and Grace I miss them. Miss y'all too. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! He’s just the chubbiest sweetest little guy!
    Oh fun! Exchanging gifts is so special, especially with family!
    I’ll tell them! 👍🏼

    ReplyDelete

Trying to Catch Up...

As you have probably noticed, I've gone off the radar for awhile. Ok, for a long time. I have one word for you. Life. Guys, life reall...