Monday, June 1, 2015

Homeschool Picnic 2015

Well, to kick off the summer season and spend some fun quality time together as a church, we had our annual homeschool picnic May 25.

As usual, it was great fun! :)

I have some random pictures from around here that I needed to squeeze in somewhere so I thought now would be a good time. If you'd rather not take a peak into Grice life, just scroll down to the picnic pictures...

The peppers are getting bigger!

Mom's onions

Katelyn came over to spend Saturday with us while Ry and Kels went shopping. She loves doing things on the iPad!

I couldn't resist taking her hair down and playing with it.

She has such a lot of it!

Listen carefully to what she says! She's incredibly smart (we think so, at least)! At the very end, she's asking me if I want to draw. :)

Pretending to sleep

The boys were making pudding for a gag they wanted to play on somebody.

Sam got two RC cars. The boys have been having great fun with them!

Abi had all her cookie ingredients laid out on the island and for some reason, KK never saw the butter laying there. He sat right on top of it! :)

Buttered pants

We did use the butter KK sat on in the cookies for the picnic. :)



Ok, time for picnic pictures! We all met around 10 at Pilot Grove Park.

The spread

Ryan provided all the meat and grilled it too.

This was one hungry crowd!



Lynna likes to suck her watermelon, not chew it.





I caught Leon acting antisocial.



Playing "Knockout"
I think I made a swisher on this shot. :)

After my great basket, I turned around and something tripped me up. Next thing I knew, I was on the ground. ;)

The little people got these in their treasure hunt...



Um, excuse me... We were just caught being immature.
Notice my buggy eyes? I did it on purpose. :)





The children's corral 

Ricardo found an ingenious way to put his foot up. :)

Playing four square

Sweet Derby!



He's so Smithish!

Lynns loves watching kitties, puppies, horsies... you name it, she likes it!

Ricardo planned this water balloon toss.

He tossed a ballon to the first person, they tossed it to the boy or girl across from them, and so on down the line. We decided that if we could get it all the way to the end without popping it, then we got to throw it at Ricardo!

If you dropped a balloon, you had to go back to the end of the line.





Lovie Lou!

Little Rosie Burke

Bring on the reinforcements!



We decided to ambush the four square players...

They got an inkling that something wasn't right...

So, they high tailed it outta there with the rest of us in hot pursuit.



Tired boys

The little people tied fishing line to sticks and went "fishing." They actually did catch several fish!

We played Knockout almost the entire time. Since they weren't able to get a ball field like we always do, we just contented ourselves with other games.

My handsome brother, Josh. :)



And now, for the best picture of all, Lynna, with somebody's funny glasses on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to Catch Up...

As you have probably noticed, I've gone off the radar for awhile. Ok, for a long time. I have one word for you. Life. Guys, life reall...