Friday, December 13, 2013

The Breath of Life

"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Genesis 2:7

I was getting ready for the day the other morning when this phrase just popped into my head, "and God breathed the breath of life..." I knew it was a paraphrase of my own mind, but it still struck me with such force at its meaning. 

That got my mind rolling. Just think, God breathed His own breath into man. To me, that's amazing. 

As I was pondering that part of the verse, the second part struck me too, "and man became a living soul." God's breath was alive, more than that, He breathed his very life into us and "man became a living soul."

A living soul... We humans are so different from the animals. God spoke them into existence, but He formed man with His own hands and in His own image. Man is a living soul with a built in moral conscience. We aren't meant to be relativistic beings, but to know right from wrong. 

I hope you weren't bored by my rambling thoughts. This has been mulling around in my mind for awhile, so I thought I'd share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to Catch Up...

As you have probably noticed, I've gone off the radar for awhile. Ok, for a long time. I have one word for you. Life. Guys, life reall...